Monday, May 2, 2011

The GREAT WALL!

Going to the Great Wall was seriously one of the coolest things I have ever done. It was so hard to believe I was really there. You can see that there were many hills. The Great Wall extended through every hill you could see; it is so incredibly long. The landscape was so pretty, with all the trees and hills.























I was standing on the Wall talking to Jake and these women were staring at me. It seemed like everyone was staring at me. So I started talking to them (yep, in Mandarin...oh my goodness that was so fun to 'discover' I can speak Mandarin). I have never seen so much excitement. They said, "Can we take pictures with you?" And every single one had to be in a picture with me. Apparently they are from a different part of China and had never seen a foreigner in person, let alone one who would talk to them. It probably would get annoying if you lived there but I thought it was so funny. I mean how often do you feel like a celebrity?





Can you believe I have been to 2 of the 7 new wonders of the world and I am only 29? Okay I

No comments: