Monday, May 2, 2011

Later that Night...

That night we went to another market similar to the silk market. It was fun and I bought a great teal blue 'D&G' purse for $15. Someone told Jake that everyone goes home wishing they had bought more...and yes we did too!



We met up with these people that Jake knows from BYU. They live in Beijing now. The store off to the right was a DVD store. We bought about 15 Blue Rays for Hannah. The best part is they have English, Cantonese and Mandarin. I have looked for Disney movies in Chinese for such a long time and have never been able to find them. It was fun watching Tinkerbell in Cantonese. Hannah is so cute, she said, "First I want to watch them in English then in Chinese so I will know what they are saying." She does like watching them in Chinese but I am not sure if it is really helping her learn anything.
I know...we probably look like weird tourists but how could I not take a picture of this??

1 comment:

The Pruitts said...

I'm glad you are posting pictures from your trip!! I've been waiting for them...it makes me want to go back to Japan...I know it's not the same, but it does make me homesick. I'm glad you and Jake got to go and have so much fun!!!